Vegan cookies and cream ice cream is made using coconut milk for a rich, creamy ice cream treat.
You can taste test the ice cream to make sure it’s the right flavor for your liking. If you want it a bit sweeter, add more sugar.
If you want more of the vanilla flavor to come through, use vanilla bean paste instead of vanilla extract.
Create your own version of vegan cookies and cream ice cream right at home with only a few simple ingredients.
Make sure to freeze your vegan cookies and cream ice cream for at least 6-24 hours after making it to let it harden enough for ice cream. When it comes out of the ice cream maker it has the consistency of soft serve.
You can assemble your own ice cream sandwiches by putting a heaping spoonful of ice cream in between 2 Oreo cookies for a special after dinner treat!
Vegan cookies and cream ice cream is a rich, coconut flavored ice cream you can enjoy on a hot summer evening!
Vegan Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 Ice Cream Maker
- 1 400 ml can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/3-1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 9 Oreo Cookies chopped
- Freeze your ice cream bowl for 24 hours.
- Combine together 1 can of coconut milk, 1/3-1/2 cup sugar, and 2 tsp of vanilla extract in a measuring cup that is easily pourable. (4 cup liquid measure works well.) Mix together with a spatula until the sugar has fully dissolved. Taste test your ice cream! Make sure you like the sweetness and vanilla flavoring to your liking. You can always add a little more of either to suit your preference.
- Assemble your ice cream maker. Turn it on, and pour the ice cream mix into the frozen ice cream bowl. Let it churn for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the cookies into small pieces so they will be easily mixed in the ice cream.
- Pour the cookies into the ice cream after the initial 20 minutes of churning. Let them mix in until they're fully mixed into the vegan cookies and cream ice cream (1-2 minutes).
- Turn off the ice cream maker. Spoon the ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for minimum 6 hours to make it harden up. Otherwise, it will be more like soft serve when it comes out of the ice cream maker.