Making a cookies and cream milkshake only uses 2 ingredients, and can be made in a couple of minutes. Cookies and cream milkshakes are thick, creamy, and decadent. You’ll love drinking them on a hot summer’s day.
To make a cookies and cream milkshake without using Oreo’s, you’ll need a few items before beginning:
- cookies and cream ice cream
- Set up your blender and add 2 scoops of ice cream to the blender for each drink you are planning on making. You should add about 1/2-3/4 cup of cookies and cream ice cream for each person.
- Pour in 1/3 cup of milk to the blender for each drink you are making.
- Add 3 ice cubes for each cookies and cream milkshake you are blending.
- Blend together.
- If it’s too thick, pour more milk into the blender and blend together. If the cookies and cream milkshake is too thin, add more ice cream to your blender. Adjust as needed.
- Pour your cookies and cream milkshake into a glass and serve immediately.
How do you make a thick milkshake
A thick milkshake needs to be made with ice cream. Ice cream that is full fat, and made with real cream will give you a much thicker milkshake than using a low fat ice cream.
Milk should be used sparingly, only to make the milkshake a liquid consistency. If you have put too much milk in your milkshake, add more ice cream to thicken the milkshake.
If you want your milkshake to be extra creamy, substitute the milk for heavy cream. Heavy cream is more viscous than milk, therefore it will make your milkshake as thick as possible.
How long do you blend a milkshake for
You should blend a milkshake for 1-1.5 minutes until the consistency is thick but has some liquid, enough to pour into a glass.
Sometimes you need to adjust the milkshake, if it’s too thin you need to add more ice cream. If your milkshake it too thick, you need to add milk.
The final blending of the milkshake should be about 60-90 seconds to make sure the components of your milkshake have fully combined.
How do you thicken a milkshake without ice cream
You can thicken a milkshake without ice cream by adding a banana to your milkshake. Blended bananas create a thick substance that blend well with other ingredients. You can create your milkshake without ice cream by using ice, bananas, and fruit.