What is avocado cream sauce
Avocado cream sauce is a finishing touch for tacos. Avocado crema sauce can be a replacement sauce for salsa. It acts to bring together the meat and vegetables in the taco to melt the flavors together.
What is avocado cream sauce made of
Avocado cream sauce is made with thick plain yogurt which gives the crema a thick base. The yogurt mixed with avocado makes the sauce creamy and full bodied. It has a strong lime flavor to the avocado crema that finishes the sauce off well.
Can you make avocado crema spicy
If you’re looking for a taco avocado sauce that has bit more spice to it, you can add a jalapeno with the seeds removed. Jalapeno can add a punch to the sauce that some people crave in tacos!
What can you add avocado cream sauce to
Avocado cream sauce can be added to:
- shrimp tacos
- pulled pork tacos
- chicken tacos
- vegetarian tacos
You can add your avocado crema sauce to coleslaw for your tacos.
Mix a couple of spoonful’s of avocado cream sauce and some red and green slices of cabbage.
Add this to your taco for the base, then add any meat on top of the coleslaw. Top with a bit more avocado cream sauce and your taco is ready to serve.
Avocado Cream Sauce for Tacos
- Food processor
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt 5-10% fat content or Greek
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut avocado in half. Remove the pit and scoop out the insides of the avocado. Place the insides of the avocado in a food processor.
- Add cilantro, garlic, lime juice, yogurt, olive oil, and salt to the food processor.
- Pulse only for 1 second at a time. Pulse until the avocado cream sauce comes together. It should take about 8-12 pulses before the avocado crema is ready.
- Add avocado cream sauce to your tacos as a sauce. Alternatively, this avocado crema can be added to coleslaw (red and green cabbage slices) to create an avocado creamy coleslaw for tacos.