Bear macarons are enchanting cookies you can bring to a baby shower, children’s birthday party, or summertime party.
Your guests will love how charming the bear macarons look with all of the details and care you’ve put into them.
Prepare to decorate these bear macarons for 20-30 min after you’ve assembled your macarons with their filling.
What recipe to use for bear macarons
You can use your favorite macaron recipe that works well for you.
You’ll want to have a few batches of macarons behind you that have turned out great before attempting these animal macarons!
What food coloring to use to make bear macarons
You can use a toothpick to get a small amount of gel food coloring to add to your macaron batter.
If you’re coloring your bear macaron black, you’ll have to get a different color for the bear markings. You might have to use melted white chocolate for the coloring to show up on your black bear macarons. You can use a food safe paint brush to gently brush the white chocolate onto your bear macarons.
When you bake your bear macarons they will be approximately 2″ in diameter.
The bear macaron template has 2″ in between each bear macaron. This gives you more than enough space so your bear macarons are piped with plenty of room for them to spread out.
How to make bear macarons
- Print out your bear macaron template.
- Place the bear macaron template underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper fitted on a baking pan.
- Begin by piping a round circle for the bear head.
- Add ears to the bear macaron by piping the ear and dragging the macaron batter downward into the round circle.
- Remove your template from underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Remove the air bubbles from the macarons by banging the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake the macarons, cool, and fill them.
- Add the bear macarons eyes, eye brows, and nose using an edible marker.
- Store your bear macarons in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Let them dry for about 30 min until a skin forms.
Bake your macarons for the same amount of time your recipe calls for.
Let your macarons cool completely. Fill your macarons and then they are ready to decorate!
Begin decorating by using an edible marker to draw on the eyes, nose and mouth.
Feel free to maybe add some pink icing dots on either side of the cheeks for more of a colorful look. You could also add a couple pen marks in the ears to give it more depth. Have fun with your bear macarons and make them your own. 🙂
Find 8 more printable macaron templates to use.