Almonds can be eaten on their own or with foods that compliment its flavor. You can eat foods like fruit or cheese with almonds. You can also eat granola with almonds. Try adding almonds to your daily breakfast, even if it’s just eating toast and peanut butter. A few almonds on top of your peanut butter will give you added calories and make you feel full longer.
What goes good with almonds
Almonds go well with several different types of food including:
- Brie cheese
- Garnish for Salad
Almond recipes for baking
You can make a variety of baking almond recipes right at home. Some of them require your almonds to be slivered, sliced or chopped. You may need to purchase a different cut of almonds for your recipe. Sliced almonds are perfect for almond croissants because the will lie flat on the croissant giving them a beautiful eye catching look to them. In foods like muffins or cakes usually you’ll want them quite small – so chopped would be your best bet. Be aware of your supply of almonds before taking on a new baking recipe!
- Almond croissants
- Apple almond cake https://www.bibouzi.com/apple-almond-cake-no-flour-no-refined-sugar/
- Almond cookies
- Energy bars
- Almond shortbread
- Almond roca
- Granola bars
- Almond mendiants
Recipes using almond meal flour
Almond meal flour is a delicious substitute for regular flour. There are countless baking recipes nowadays for anything from sugar cookies to chocolate chip cookies using almond meal flour. Try them out for a unique hint of almond flavor in your baking.
- Almond flour sugar cookies https://okonomikitchen.com/almond-flour-sugar-cookies/
- Lemon almond flour shortbread cookies https://kristineskitchenblog.com/lemon-almond-shortbread-cookies-gluten-free/
- Almond flour pumpkin muffins https://www.wellplated.com/almond-flour-pumpkin-muffins/
- Almond flour muffins with apple pie filling https://www.goodforyouglutenfree.com/almond-flour-apple-pie-muffins-with-cinnamon-sugar-topping/
- Almond flour chocolate chip cookies https://www.theconsciousplantkitchen.com/almond-flour-chocolate-chip-cookies-vegan/
- Almond flour apple cake https://www.bibouzi.com/apple-almond-cake-no-flour-no-refined-sugar/
What to do with stale almonds
You can do a lot with stale almonds just sitting in your cupboard. You can even revive your stale almonds by simply toasting them. You can use your stale almonds that have been roasted again for muffins, cookies, and cakes.
How to store almonds and walnuts
Store your almonds and walnuts in an airtight container in your cupboard. Room temperature is the best to store your almonds and walnuts because it prevents your nuts from getting damp. When you put your nuts in the fridge or in the freezer, this can make your nuts wet and potentially go moldy – which would render them unusable. Keep them their best by leaving them at room temperature.
Recipes with chopped almonds
Recipes with chopped almonds are typically breads and muffins. You can also make salads with chopped almonds to make your salads more filling.