Truck macarons are made using a printable template, and a bit of cookie crumble to create the dirt in the bed of the truck.
Truck macarons can be made for a baby shower, birthday party, or a camping trip.
They are the perfect gift for someone who loves trucks!
What recipe to use for truck macarons
You can use your favorite Italian method macaron recipe for your truck macarons.
Once you’re ready to pipe your macarons, you can print out your truck macaron template.
Follow the directions on how to make your truck macarons below.
What food coloring to use to make truck macarons
You can use a toothpick to get a small amount of gel food coloring to add to your macaron batter.
If you’re coloring your truck macarons black, you’ll have to get a different color for the truck details.
Use melted white chocolate and paint the outline of the wheels, headlights, truck body, and bead of the truck macarons.
You can use a food safe paint brush to gently brush the white chocolate to create the details of your truck macarons.
Size of truck macarons = 2″
There are 2″ in between each macaron, which is more than enough space so your truck macarons are piped with plenty of room for them to spread out.
How to make truck macarons
- Print out your truck macaron template.
- Place the truck macaron template underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper fitted on a baking pan.
- Begin by piping the body of the truck. Pipe the edge of the front to the back, and then the top of the truck.
- Use a toothpick to guide the macaron batter into the points of the template.
- After you’ve piped all of the truck bodies, go back and pipe the wheels. You could use black macaron batter for the wheels if you want them to stand out more.
- The wheels can be piped by holding the piping bag vertically and letting a small amount of macaron batter out to create a circle on top of the bottom half of the truck body.
- Add another circle beside your first one to create both wheels on the truck.
- Remove the air bubbles from the macarons by banging the bottom of the baking pan.
- Add cookie crumbs if desired in the back of the pickup truck. Sprinkle a small amount of cookie crumbs to create the “dirt” look inside the bed of the pickup truck.
- Remove your template from underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake, cool, and fill your truck macarons.
- Using an edible marker, add decorations for the outline of the wheel, the truck body, and a headlight.
- Store your truck macarons in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Find 8 more printable macaron templates to use.