Dog macarons are adorable cookies that you can serve at a birthday celebration for someone who loves their dog!
Dog macarons are a huge hit at children’s parties, school events, or as a housewarming gift.
People appreciate the thoughtfulness of the themed cookies, and the time and care it takes to make a homemade gift.
Dog macarons are a special gift you can make for your favorite dog owner.
Dog macarons are easy to make by piping out the appropriate shapes using a Dog Macaron Template.
Dog shaped macarons need to be made in duplicate so they can be sandwiched together easily, therefore for every macaron you need 2 piped shapes.
What color should dog macarons be
You can add a bit of gel food coloring to your macaron batter to make your dog macarons different shades.
If you’re coloring your dog macaron black, you’ll have to get a different color for the dog markings.
It might be best to use melted white chocolate with a food safe paint brush to add your markings on your dog macarons.
What recipe to use for dog macarons
You can use your favorite Italian method macaron recipe for your dog macarons.
Once you’re ready to pipe your macarons, you can print out your dog macaron template.
How to make dog macarons
- Print out your dog macaron template.
- Place the dog macaron template underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper fitted on a baking pan.
- Dog macarons require the macarons be piped in 2 sections. Fill your piping bag with macaron batter fitted with a 1/2” tip.
- Pipe a round center face of the dog. Pipe your entire template this way.
- Come back to pipe the ears on the dog, 2 small “comma” shapes on either side of the round center.
- By coming back and piping the ears after, this will give the ears a bit of definition on the face instead of having it as one uniform shape.
- Remove your template from underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Remove the air bubbles from the macarons by banging the bottom of the pan.
- Bake, cool, and fill your macarons.
- Add your eyes, ear marks, nose, and mouth with an edible marker.
- Store your dog macarons in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Find 8 more printable macaron templates to use.