Creamy and lush pesto recipe for pasta that will have you coming back for more.
Pesto recipe is enough to coat 500g of pasta, which is a huge batch. Depending on how much pasta you’re making, you might have some pesto recipe leftovers.
What is pesto sauce used for
Pesto sauce can be used for:
- pasta salad
- warm pasta dishes
- dipping bread into
- pizza sauce (ex. with fresh mozzarella cheese & sundried tomatoes)
- braided pesto bread
What goes well with pesto pasta
Foods that go well with pesto pasta include:
- sundried tomatoes
- bocconcini cheese
- parmesan cheese
How long does pesto pasta last for
Pesto pasta will last for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Pesto is absorbed by the pasta, therefore the pasta will begin drying out after a couple of days. Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil onto the pasta after day 3 if your pesto pasta has become too dry.
Try our Pesto Bow Tie Pasta Salad with your freshly made pesto.
Pesto Recipe for Pasta
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place fresh basil leaves with stems removed in a food processor.
- Add walnuts to the basil leaves and blend until walnuts have been broken up into small pieces.
- Add finely grated parmesan cheese, minced garlic, salt and pepper to the food processor.
- Measure out olive oil. Stream olive oil into food processor and blend it until it's fully combined.
- Use a spatula to remove the pesto from the food processor.
- Your pesto is ready to use for your pasta recipe.