Crostini appetizers are very fun to make and look incredible for a serving platter!
Most crostini appetizers are best made right before serving, but we came up with a few make ahead crostini appetizer recipe ideas.
These crostini appetizers can be made ahead in the morning of your party, or the evening before your party.
The trick is to have your crostini, then put fruit slices, or cheese on the crostini. Next, place your jelly/jam, on top.
Finally, place your nuts, herbs, etc. on top.
Wait until just before you have your party to add your honey or balsamic reduction.
You’ll want to add these just before your party so it doesn’t soak into the bread and make it soggy.
Store your prepared crostini appetizers in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to prepare your serving plate.
- Apple slices, feta, walnuts, honey
- Fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes (halved), strips of fresh basil, balsamic reduction
- Brie, blueberry jam, mint leaves
- Brie, apple slices, honey, walnuts
- Brie, pear slices, arugula, balsamic reduction
9 Crostini Crackers Recipe Ideas
Crostini cracker recipes are easy and fun to make. Place all of your finished crostinis on a new serving platter for your guests to enjoy.
Crostini crackers are best made right before serving.
The longer the liquid leaks into the bread, the more soggy they will be.
Avoid this by making them just before serving.
Aim to make at least 3 different types of crostini cracker appetizers so your guests have a variety to choose from.
- Goat cheese, prosciutto, spinach, honey, balsamic reduction
- Fig jam, brie, prosciutto, arugula
- Ricotta, sliced strawberries, strips of fresh basil, balsamic reduction
- Cream cheese, fresh pesto, diced tomatoes, parsley
- Mashed avocado, arugula, cajun shrimp
- Ricotta, peaches, walnuts, honey
- Cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers, fresh dill
- Ricotta, sundried tomatoes, strips of fresh basil
- Goat cheese, sliced apricots, arugula, balsamic reduction
Crostini appetizers with goat cheese can easily be changed into using ricotta cheese or cream as an easy substitution.
If you’re feeling up for a bit more of a challenge, try making a meatball crostini appetizer plate.
Make mini meatballs for your crostinis. Then top the crostini with a bit of tomato sauce, and place your mini meatball on top of it.
Serve them immediately, your guests will love to eat them warm.
12 Guacamole Crostini Cracker Recipe Ideas
Guacamole crostini crackers are one of the most popular appetizers you can make your guests.
Make your guacamole, and smear on the crostini using the back of a spoon. You can top the guacamole crostini with:
- Cajun shrimp
- Pistachios, fresh cilantro
- Pineapple pieces
- Caramelized mushrooms and fresh oregano leaves
- Sliced radishes
- Feta cheese and diced tomatoes
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Smoked salmon
- Fresh mozzarella
- Pomegranate seeds
If you don’t have the exact ingredients listed above, try mixing them up with your own flavors using different jellies, jams, cheeses, meat, and herbs.
You can come with a ton of different recipes on your own like you might love!