Painting macarons gold is easy and simple to do once you have the right tools. Gold macarons present beautifully on a table just by themselves. They are a more fancy macaron than one that is just plain. Gold macarons stand out and are quite eye catching for your guests.
To paint macarons gold, you’ll need a few items before you begin:
- gold powdered food coloring
- almond extract or vanilla extract (vanilla extract will make the gold color much darker)
- food safe paint brush
- Place a pinch of gold powdered food coloring in a small jar to “make” your paint in.
- Add a couple of drops of almond extract to your jar.
- Mix the jar of almond extract and gold powdered food coloring together. Now you’ve made your paint for your gold macarons. If your gold paint dries out while you’re working with it, add a few more drops of almond extract.
- Using a food safe paint brush, dip your paint brush into your newly made gold paint.
- Hold your macaron on a steady surface, and paint your gold paint on top of your macaron where desired. You can even paint the entire macaron in gold paint if you want to. Avoid the icing portion of the macaron, and only paint the shell to make the icing stand out on the macaron. Don’t push too hard on the surface of the macaron shell as it is quite delicate to work with.
- Let the macarons dries fully for about 10 minutes.
- Store the macarons in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days after baking them.
What can you use gold macarons for
Gold macarons can be used at:
- a new year’s party
- baby shower
- bridal shower
- bachelorette party
- cocktail hour
- dessert bar
Gold macarons are one of the most fancy macarons you can serve to your guests. They are easy to make once you have the macarons filled and ready to be painted. If you are wanting to paint the entire macaron gold, use the biggest food safe paintbrush you have to save yourself time. Gold macarons will store well in the freezer for up to 1 month, or up to 3 days in the fridge.