Drizzled balsamic vinegar on top of your favorite pizza gives your pizza more of a tangy tart flavor.
Balsamic vinegar topped pizza looks more esthetically pleasing and tastes more flavorful than your average pizza.
Take your pizza to the next level with your most cherished balsamic vinegar.
You can even try out a balsamic reduction for more of a sweeter and rich flavor for your pizza.
Balsamic Vinegar and Prosciutto Pizza
- 1 pizza dough
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 150 g prosciutto
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 red pepper cut into strips
- 1/8 cup fresh basil cut into strips
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Prepare your pizza dough. Let it rise and roll out your dough when you're ready to bake your pizza.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Spread pizza sauce on your pizza dough using the back of a spoon. Spread the pizza sauce right to the edges of the pizza and add more pizza sauce if necessary.
- Place fresh mozzarella on the pizza in sections. Do not cover the whole pizza in fresh mozzarella. You don't need that much. Use 5-10 slices depending on how big your pizza is. You can refer to the pizza picture for reference of how much mozzarella you'll need for your pizza.
- Add strips of red pepper around the pizza.
- Take a piece of prosciutto and rip it into strips that are 1-2 cm thick. You can place them on the pizza and fold them once over itself. Place the prosciutto in this way all around the pizza.
- Bake the pizza for 10-13 minutes at 500 degrees F. The mozzarella will turn a little brown when it's finished baking. The crust should turn light brown it's finished.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and place on a wooden cutting board.
- Add strips of basil to the pizza.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar onto the pizza.