Banana blueberry muffins with oats are buttery with a burst of blueberry flavor.
Banana blueberry muffins with oats is a delicious recipe to make for a quick snack or on the go breakfast.
How to mash bananas for muffins
Peel your bananas. Then use a fork on a plate to mash your bananas up. If you’re mashing a banana that is quite wide in diameter, cut your banana in half lengthwise. Press your fork into the banana and mash it until it’s lumpy with no huge chunks of banana present.
How much is 1 cup of mashed bananas for a recipe
1 cup of mashed bananas for a recipe is 2-3 bananas.
How much is 2 cups of mashed bananas for a recipe
2 cups of mashed bananas for a recipe is 4-5 bananas.
Can you mash green bananas?
It’s very difficult to mash green bananas. They are hard, therefore it’s more challenging to mash green bananas for a recipe. Try using a pastry blender to mash your green bananas if you’re having trouble with a fork. It’s best to use ripe bananas for mashing which you can usually find at the grocery store in the single banana section.
Banana Blueberry Muffins with Oats
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar granulated
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas 3-4 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup blueberries frozen
- Combine flour, sugar, rolled oats, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat your egg and mix together with mashed bananas and melted butter. Mash your bananas with a fork on a plate until they're completed mashed through. You don't want any large chunks of banana.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients. Add blueberries to the mixture. Begin mixing with a spatula gently until only JUST combined. Do not overmix. The batter should look lumpy.
- Grease your muffin tin. Fill the muffin cups almost full.
- Bake your muffins at 375 degrees F for 20-25 min, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. The top of the muffins should be medium-golden brown and crisp up in the oven.