Raspberry Macaron Filling Recipe has a sharp berry burst of flavor. Raspberry Macaron Filling Recipe is a raspberry buttercream.
Raspberry jam is infused into the buttercream filling for macarons because is has a concentrated flavor.
Using only raspberries to infuse into buttercream will not give you as much of a flavorful macaron filling. You would also have the seeds in the buttercream which is not desirable.
Raspberry buttercream macaron filling is a softer icing, therefore it needs to piped carefully so it doesn’t run down the sides of the macaron.
What color is raspberry buttercream macaron filling
Raspberry buttercream macaron filling is pink in color.
Can you change the color of raspberry macaron filling
If you’re wanting more of a red color, you can further color the raspberry macaron filling by adding liquid food coloring or gel food coloring to make the filling more vibrant.
How to store leftover raspberry macaron filling
To store excess raspberry macaron filling, place it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you need to store your macaron filling for longer, store it in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw your raspberry buttercream macaron filling in the fridge overnight to use again the following day.
How to store raspberry macarons
Store raspberry macarons that have been filled in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Store raspberry buttercream macarons in the freezer for up to 1 month.
How to decorate raspberry buttercream macarons
Raspberry macarons can be decorated many different ways including:
- dusting the tops of the macaron shells prior to drying with freeze dried raspberries or sprinkles
- melted chocolate and sprinkles
- melted chocolate and caramel sauce
- drawing designs on macarons with edible markers
- painting designs on macarons with food coloring
How to color macaron shells red or pink for raspberry macarons
Place a small amount of food coloring (a bit on a toothpick for gel food coloring, or 1/4 tsp of powdered food coloring) in with your egg whites.
Mix the egg whites with the food coloring until you have a uniform color. Continue making your almond batter for your macarons.
You’ll want the color to be darker initially, because it will need to stretch the color with the meringue.
Raspberry Macaron Filling Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp raspberry jam
- 1 tsp milk
- Cream 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and beat together.
- Add 3 tbsp raspberry jam to infuse the butter with raspberry flavoring.
- Slowly add 2 cups of icing sugar to the mixture and 1 tsp of milk. Adjust the icing as needed. If the raspberry macaron filling is too thin to pipe, add a small amount of icing sugar to thicken it. If the raspberry macaron filling is too thick, add a little more raspberry jam or a tiny bit more milk to thin out the icing.
- Place the icing in a piping bag and pipe the the Raspberry Buttercream Macaron Filling onto the macaron shells.