Prosciutto arugula flatbread with balsamic reduction is one of the tasty flatbreads you can serve. With the salty prosciutto, and sweet balsamic reduction, it combines into a perfectly flavor balanced flatbread.
We recommend making your own flatbread dough recipe from scratch in only 1 hour. It says fresh for up to 2 days in the fridge. The dough is nice and soft, and is easily rolled out for your flatbread.
What pan should you cook your flatbread on
It’s best to cook flatbread on an aluminum baking pan for evenly distributed cooking. The crust will turn light brown when it’s all finished. You can oil the edges of the crust prior to baking for a bit more moisture while cooking.
Prosciutto arugula flatbread is a baked flatbread recipe. We bake the prosciutto on the flatbread, and then add the arugula and balsamic on after it comes out of the oven.
What kind of pizza sauce should you use for flatbread
The best pizza sauce to use for flatbread is San Marzano pizza sauce. San Marzano pizza sauce is a rich and lush flavor for pizza sauce which goes well with flatbread.
What temperature should you cook flatbread to make it crispy
If you’re wanting more of a crispy flatbread recipe, you should cook for flatbread at a high temperature of 475 degrees F.
Cooking flatbread at this high temperature for about 15-20 minutes creates a crispy crust on the edges of the flatbread.
Prosciutto Arugula Flatbread with Balsamic
- flatbread dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 50 g prosciutto
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 150 g mozzerella sliced
- 3/4 cup arugula
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 1/4 cup strips of parmesan grated thick or use a potato peeler
- Make your flatbread dough recipe.
- Cut your flatbread dough in half. Roll out each of the flatbreads until they are quite thin. (roughly 14"x12" each)
- Spread your pizza sauce on each of the flatbreads.
- Arrange your slices of mozzarella on the pizzas. You'll want about 8 slices per flatbread. Do not have them overlapping, arrange them that there is some space in between (couple of cms in between).
- Sprinkle red peppers and red onions on the flatbread.
- Rip the prosciutto into strips. Arrange the strips so that each piece folds once on the flatbread.
- Bake the flatbreads at 475 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the flatbreads from the oven and place on a cutting board.
- Add arugula and strips of parmesan on the flatbreads.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction over the flatbreads.
- Serve your prosciutto arugula flatbread with balsamic drizzle immediately.
- Store your flatbread in the fridge for up to 3 days.