Roasted cherry tomato bruschetta is a restaurant style appetizer.
Roasted cherry tomatoes are mixed with olive oil and fresh basil leaves for topping on a crostini.
Each crostini is rubbed with garlic to add a hint of garlic to the bruschetta appetizer.
Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 pkg cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil cut into strips
- 1/2 baguette sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil for brushing bread
- 1 garlic clove cut in half
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Place cherry tomatoes into a small bowl and drizzle olive oil on top. Add salt and pepper. Mix gently with a spoon until all the tomatoes are covered in oil.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place tomatoes evenly dispersed on the pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 min.
- While the tomatoes are baking, slice half of the baguette. Brush each piece of baguette with olive oil on one side.
- Once the tomatoes are finished baking, preheat the oven to broil on high.
- Broil the bread for 1-2 min, watch carefully. Only toast them until your desired doneness.
- Place the tomatoes into a small bowl and add fresh cut basil. Mix them together with a spoon.
- After the bread has finished toasting, rub each piece of bread with the cut side of the garlic. This gives it just a hint of garlic flavor, without being overpowering.
- Add tomato mixture onto the bread pieces.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.