Cookies and cream iced coffee is a self-indulgent recipe you’ll want to make for yourself since it’s both creamy and satisfying. Cookies and cream iced coffee is made with cookies and cream ice cream to thicken it. Ice cream works well for thickening iced coffees.
How to make iced coffee with hot coffee
One of the critical steps in making an iced coffee recipe is pouring the espresso or freshly made coffee over ice cubes immediately.
By pouring the hot coffee over the ice cubes right after making it, the coffee stays fresh and the flavor will come through well for your iced coffee.
Make sure to pour your hot coffee over your ice in a heat proof glass or bowl to make sure nothing will break. Cheap glass has the potential to shatter with extreme temperature changes.
Once you have your chilled coffee, put some ice cubes in a glass, and add your coffee. Fill the glass with your favorite type of milk and syrups. Mix well and serve immediately.
What garnish to use for iced coffee recipe
You can put whipped cream, crush Oreo cookies, cookie crumbs, sprinkles, or chocolate shavings on top of your iced coffee recipe as a garnish.
What if you don’t have cookies and cream ice cream for your iced coffee
If you don’t have cookies and cream ice cream for your iced coffee, you can substitute vanilla ice cream, and 1/8 cup of crumbed cookies or crushed Oreo cookies.
What are the ingredients in iced coffee
The ingredients for an iced coffee are: espresso or coffee, ice, and milk. For a more thick iced coffee, ice cream can be added to the iced coffee recipe and then it’s blended together.
What is the iced coffee ratio
The iced coffee ratio is 1/3-1/2 coffee to 3/4-1/2 of milk. If you want your iced coffee to have more of a coffee taste to it, use a 1:1 coffee to milk ratio. If you want more of a hint of iced coffee, use a 1:3 ratio of coffee to milk.
Cookies and Cream Iced Coffee Recipe
- 2 espresso shots or 1/4 cup coffee
- 3 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup cookies and cream ice cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- Assemble your blender and add ice cubes to the bottom of it.
- Pour the espresso or coffee over the ice cubes. This step is critical to chill the coffee immediately after making it so it stays fresh.
- Pour milk into the blender and add ice cream.
- Blend for 45 seconds – 1 minute.
- Check the thickness and taste of your cookies and cream iced coffee recipe. If it's too thin, add a little more ice cream. If it's too thick, add a little more milk. Blend again for another 30 seconds.
- Pour your cookies and cream iced coffee into a glass and serve immediately.