Raw apple appetizers are a great addition to your next party.
Apples should be sliced immediately before serving so they stay white in color.
Drizzle with a bit of balsamic reduction for some added sweet flavor to your apple appetizer.
Recipe Ideas for Raw Apple Appetizers
- Baguette topped with ricotta, apples, walnuts and drizzled honey
- Baguette topped with brie, apples, almonds and drizzled with honey
- Apples wrapped in prosciutto
- Sliced apples topped with Havarti cheese and raspberries
- Apples dipped in cream cheese, topped with caramel and Skor bar
Prosciutto Appetizer with Apples
Flavor packed appetizer served on a sliced baguette
Yield: 10 people
- 100 grams prosciutto separated into long 6 cm pieces x 1 cm width
- 2 tbsp fig jam
- 10 leaves basil fresh
- 1/2 apple thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 baguette sliced
- Slice baguette into rounds that are ~1 cm thick
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil
- Toast baguette slices for 2 min on broil high in the oven
- Remove baguette slices from the oven and set on a serving plate
- Using a knife, apply a bit of fig jam to each of the baguette slices
- Place 1 basil leaf on top of each of the baguette slices
- Cut the apple in half. Cut the halves in half. Remove the seeds/center bits. Slice the apple thinly so they fit nicely on the baguette slices.
- Place the prosciutto on top of the apple slices
- Top with a bit of balsamic reduction