Raw apple appetizer is a baguette appetizer topped with fig jam, basil leaves, sliced apples, and prosciutto.
Drizzle with a bit of balsamic reduction for some added sweet flavor to your apple appetizer.
Apples should be sliced immediately before serving so they stay white in color.
See video here.
Recipe Ideas for Raw Apple Appetizers
- Baguette topped with ricotta, apples, walnuts and drizzled honey
- Baguette topped with brie, apples, almonds and drizzled with honey
- Apples wrapped in prosciutto
- Sliced apples topped with Havarti cheese and raspberries
- Apples dipped in cream cheese, topped with caramel and Skor bar
Prosciutto Appetizer with Apples
- 100 grams prosciutto separated into long 6 cm pieces x 1 cm width
- 2 tbsp fig jam
- 10 leaves basil fresh
- 1/2 apple thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 baguette sliced
- Slice baguette into rounds that are ~1 cm thick
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil
- Toast baguette slices for 2 min on broil high in the oven
- Remove baguette slices from the oven and set on a serving plate
- Using a knife, apply a bit of fig jam to each of the baguette slices
- Place 1 basil leaf on top of each of the baguette slices
- Cut the apple in half. Cut the halves in half. Remove the seeds/center bits. Slice the apple thinly so they fit nicely on the baguette slices.
- Place the prosciutto on top of the apple slices
- Top with a bit of balsamic reduction