You can use large or medium silicone molds to make chocolate cups for desserts. You can easily make chocolate cups without balloons or paper cups. Silicone molds are reusable and very sturdy, they hold up well when making chocolate cups.
Tools to make chocolate cups
- silicone mold
- chocolate melting wafers
How to Make Chocolate Cups with Silicone Molds
- Melt 1/3 cup of chocolate in the microwave using a microwave safe bowl. Melt in 30 second intervals and stir in between intervals until fully melted.
- Obtain your clean and dry silicone molds you want to use to make chocolate cups with.
- Use your spoon to dip into the chocolate and coat the sides of the silicone mold.
- Use the back of the spoon to guide the chocolate up the silicone mold.
- The trick to making chocolate cups with silicone molds is making sure the sides of the cup are quite thick. The thicker the sides, the less likely the sides are to breaking. If you do break the sides a little, you can always melt the edge on a plate to make a perfect circle around for your chocolate cup.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour until fully hardened.
- To remove the chocolate cup from the silicone mold, pull the sides of the silicone mold until you have removed the edge of the chocolate all the way around the mold. Once the bottom edge is completely separated, press the top of the mold to release the chocolate cup from the silicone mold.
- To make the edges nice and perfect, melt the edge on a warm plate.
- Fill the chocolate cup and serve.
How to use chocolate cups
You can use chocolate cups for many purposes including:
- ice wine
- ice cream
- vanilla custard
- chocolate mousse
- raspberry mousse
- mocha mousse
- coffee mousse
- mandarin orange slices
- whipped cream
- hazelnut spread
- maraschino cherries
- iced coffee
- angel food cake
How to clean silicone molds after use
Silicone molds can be cleaned using soap and water. Rinse the mold with water and set it to dry. Do not use the mold if it has any residual water on it.