Crackers are a staple food for making a charcuterie board.
You’ll want to pair your cracker selection with the cheeses you’re planning for your charcuterie board.
Some of the crackers have more of a variety of flavors like artisan crackers. You can find many different flavors of artisan crackers.
The classic cracker choices for a charcuterie board are: crostini’s, water biscuits, and artisan crackers.
Learn which spreads go well with your cheese selection for your charcuterie board.
Crostini’s are made by thinly slicing a baguette. The baguette slice is brushed with olive oil, and toasted until it has crisped up. Crostini’s are one of the most popular cracker choices for charcuterie boards.
Crostini’s go well with:
- brie cheese, thinly sliced apple, drizzle of honey, and small amount of fresh ground pepper (recipe)
- brie, fig jam, prosciutto, and arugula
- boursin, salami, and walnuts
- goat cheese, drizzled with maple syrup or honey
Water biscuits are a crumbly cracker that has a hint of salt flavor. Water biscuits are a fragile cracker, therefore when you bite into it, it makes a bit of a mess.
Water biscuits go well with:
- sharp cheddar with thinly sliced pickles
- gruyere cheese with whole grain mustard and pecans
Artisan crackers are a classic cracker for a charcuterie board. You can make your own artisan crackers using your favorite additions – dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, pistachios, dried apricots, etc.
Artisan crackers go well with:
- brie cheese, almonds, drizzled honey
- smoked gouda, prosciutto, red pepper jelly
Parmesan Herb Crackers
Parmesan herb crackers have a hint of cheese flavor, along with a few poppy seeds and sesame seeds for a full flavored cracker. Parmesan herb crackers pair well with chardonnay wine for your charcuterie dinner.
Parmesan herb crackers go well with:
- Parmesan cheese, whole grain mustard, and thinly sliced pickles
- Blue cheese with thinly sliced apples and walnuts
Saltines are buttery and crispy crackers with a hint of sea salt flavor.
Saltines go well with:
- pimento cheese with thinly sliced pickles
- sharp cheddar with whole grain mustard, and thinly sliced pickles
- gruyere cheese with red peppy jelly and pecans