Heart shaped macarons make for a lovely gift to give to your friend’s and family to show your appreciation for them.
Heart macarons can be decorated with a few tasty additions like salted caramel sauce, and melted chocolate with sprinkles to take them to the next level.
Heart shaped macarons can be made for a baby shower, birthday celebrations, Valentine’s day, and parties.
To make heart shaped macarons, you need to print out your heart macaron template.
What food coloring to use for heart macarons
Use a small amount of pink gel food coloring to color your heart macarons.
What recipe to use for heart shaped macarons
You can use your favorite Italian method macaron recipe for your heart macarons.
Once you’re ready to pipe your macarons, you can print out your heart macaron template.
Follow the directions on how to make your heart macarons below.
Size of heart shaped macarons = 1.5″
There are 2″ in between each heart. This gives you more than enough space so your hearts are piped with plenty of room for them to spread out.
How to make heart shaped macarons
- Print out your heart macaron template.
- Place the heart shaped macaron template underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper fitted on a baking pan.
- Fill your piping bag with macaron batter fitted with a 1/2” tip.
- Begin by piping one of the round tops of the heart, drag the tip downwards in a diagonal. Continue piping upwards to end at the other round top of the heart.
- Take a toothpick and gently guide the point of the bottom of the heart downwards to create a sharp point of your macarons.
- If you need to make any adjustments to the round tops of your heart macarons, use your toothpick to guide the macaron batter into the template shape.
- Remove the template from underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Remove the air bubbles from the macarons by banging the bottom of the baking pan.
- Add sprinkles if desired, prior to your macarons drying.
- Bake your beautiful heart macarons!
- Cool and fill your heart macarons with your favorite macaron filling.
Find 8 more printable macaron templates to use.