Pig macarons are one of the most adorable cookies you can make!
Pig macarons can be made for a baby shower, children’s birthday party, or an animal themed party!
What food coloring to use for pig macarons
Pig macarons are made with pink gel food coloring as the base color.
Once the macarons have been baked and filled, a little more pink food coloring is brushed onto the ears to give them a little bit of darker color using a little almond extract to make your “paint” and a food safe paint brush.
This creates 2 different pink colors using the same color of food coloring.
The eyes and nose are added with an edible marker to give the macarons its finishing touches.
What recipe to use for pig macarons
You can use your favorite Italian method macaron recipe for your pig macarons.
Once you’re ready to pipe your macarons, you can print out your pig macaron template.
Follow the directions on how to make your pig macarons below.
Size of pig macarons = 2″
There are 2″ in between each pig macaron. This is more than enough space so your pig macarons are piped with plenty of room for them to spread out.
How to make pig macarons
- Print out your pig macaron template.
- Place the pig macaron template underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper fitted on baking pan.
- Fill your piping bag with macaron batter fitted with a 1/2” tip.
- Begin by piping a round circle for the head.
- Add ears to the pig macaron by piping the ear and dragging the macaron batter downward into the round circle.
- Use a toothpick to create the points on the top of the ears.
- Remove your template from underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Remove the air bubbles from the macarons by banging the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake, cool, and fill the macarons.
- Add the pig macarons eyes and eye brows using an edible marker
- Add a little color to the ears and the nose by using powdered food coloring or gel food coloring with almond extract. Paint the colored ears and nose by using a food safe paint brush.
- Store your pig macarons in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Find 8 more printable macaron templates to use.