Bee macarons are the perfect cookie for a baby shower, birthday celebration, or summertime get together. They are one of the most adorable macarons you can make! Your guests will love how unique and detailed the macarons are.
Bee macarons are made by piping out the appropriate shapes using a Bee Macaron Template, and adding a few decorations to it.
The stripes, face, and antennae are added using an edible marker.
What color should you use for bee macarons
We’ll add the black colored stripes later with an edible marker.
What recipe to use for bee macarons
You can use your favorite Italian method macaron recipe for your bee macarons.
Once you’re ready to pipe your macarons, you can print out your bee macaron template.
How to make bee macarons
- Print out your bee macaron template.
- Place the bee macaron template underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper fitted on a baking pan.
- Fill your piping bag with macaron batter fitted with a 1/2” tip.
- Pipe the body of the bee first. Start at the front of the bee and drag the tip to the other end of the bee.
- Add the wings by starting at the top of the wing and dragging the wing downwards into the body. Repeat for the other wing.
- Using a toothpick, guide the stinger of the bee into a point.
- Remove your template from underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Remove the air bubbles from the macarons by banging the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake, cool, and fill the macarons.
- Add eyes, antennae, and stripes to the bee using an edible marker.
- Using melted white chocolate, add the chocolate to the wings in a teardrop shape using a food safe paint brush.
- Store your bee macarons in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Find 8 more printable macaron templates to use.