|Type of Sink||Blanco Precis Silgranit Sink||Kraus Undermount Granite Single Basin Kitchen Sink|
|Heat Resistance||Heat resistant up to 536° F||Heat resistant up to 650° F|
|Pros||Huge selection of different colors and styles||UV protection to keep the colour strong after being subjected to sunlight|
|Cons||Possibility for stains in lighter colors||Limited Colours available|
Blanco and Kraus create premium top of the line granite kitchen sinks.
Granite sinks are one of the newest trends for kitchen renovations because of their high end top quality.
Why pick a granite kitchen sink
- Sleek, stylish and modern look
- Undermount- seamless clean lines
- Deeper bowl than stainless steel, making it easy to clean large items like baking pans and roasting pans
- More color choices than plain stainless steel
- Stainless steel sinks acquire scratches over time, granite sinks remain smooth
- Upscale and high grade choice over stainless steel
Why choose a Blanco Silgranit sink
Blanco has perfected their silgranit sinks with over the course of the last 30 years. Blanco sinks come with a lifetime warranty which shows their longevity and durability for your everyday needs.
- Resists scratches
- Repels stains
- Withstands high heat
- Stands up to heavy items being dropped into the sink
Blanco silgranit sinks are durable and hold up well when exposed to high heat.
No need to worry about pouring hot pasta water into the sink. It will not burn the surface or change it in any way. The color will hold up and the surface left unchanged.
- Heat resistant up to 536° F
What are silgranit sinks made of
- They are made with acrylic, pigments (color), and granite.
How to clean a blanco silgranit sink
- Use a little baking soda and water with a cloth and wipe clean
When cleaning your sink, usually just rinsing it down with water will do the trick.
Baking soda and water is only for more of a deep cleaning routine.
Silgranit Sink Colors
Styles of Sink Blanco Silgranit
- sinks with drainboards built in
- cascading divide in the sink
- long sinks for your custom kitchen needs
- laundry room sinks
- low divide sinks
- round sinks
- smaller sinks for a petite kitchen
- double bowl sinks
- bar sinks
We purchased an Anthracite Blanco silgranit sink for our kitchen renovation. We’ve had our Blanco black granite sink for over a year already and we absolutely love it.
Our sink is in pristine condition, and still does not have a single scratch or dent in it even after a year of use.
Blanco silgranit sinks are the best choice for your new kitchen if you’re looking for more or a variety of colors and styles. Blanco silgranit sinks are budget friendly, and will last you the life of your kitchen.
Why choose a Kraus Granite sink
Kraus granite sinks are one of the top of the line sinks on the market. If you want a luxurious sink handcrafted in Italy for your new kitchen, a Kraus granite sink is the way to go.
It comes with a lifetime warranty so you can be sure of it’s strength, and resilience over the lifetime of your kitchen.
- UV protection to keep the color strong after being subjected to sunlight
- resists stains and scratches
- absorbs sound- making it much more quiet
- holds up to extreme temperature changes
Kraus granite sinks have a higher heat resistance temperature than Blanco Silgranit.
- Heat resistant up to 650° F
What are Kraus granite sinks made of
- granite and ceramic nanoparticles
Some of the Kraus granite sinks have a ledge on the outside ring of the sink. The ledge holds a custom cutting board for your prepping needs! This saves you some of your precious counter space.
The drain is positioned in a way that completely drains the sink dry. Their sinks are made of a non-porous material which makes them easy to wipe clean!
How do you clean a Kraus granite sink
- Use soap and water and wipe clean with a cloth
What colors do Kraus granite sinks come in
What style of sinks do Kraus granite sinks come in
- farmhouse with cutting board area
- single bowl with cutting board area
- double bowl sinks
- low divide double bowl sinks
- long kitchen sink
Blanco vs Kraus Granite Sinks
Kraus granite sinks are the top of the line sinks when it comes to reliability and strength for your new kitchen. Although, there aren’t as many different sinks to choose from or as many colors as Blanco.
However, Kraus withstands higher heat temperatures than Blanco Silgranit sinks. Kraus has taken functionality to heart with its added cutting board capabilities to most of their granite sinks.
Depending on your needs for your new kitchen, if you can find a size and color of sink you like, Kraus is the best way to go. If you’re looking for a different color and more of a variety with styles, you’re best to go with Blanco.