Fluffy lemon frosting is tangy and citrusy which goes well with vanilla cupcakes or macarons.
Our tart lemon frosting makes a lot of icing, if you don’t need that much, feel free to cut the recipe down to how much icing you need.
Lemon frosting can be frozen and used at a later date if you don’t need all of it for your recipe.
Our lemon frosting would be perfect for icing a vanilla or lemon cake as well.
The vanilla extract in the recipe cuts down the bitterness of the lemon juice and makes the icing a bit creamier than if you didn’t add it.
The creaminess of the icing is very palatable and pungent in flavor. Enjoy!
Fluffy Lemon Frosting
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 cups icing sugar
- Cream butter on high until light and fluffy
- Add vanilla to butter and mix until well combined. Cream mixture together with lemon zest until evenly distributed.
- Add 1 cup of icing sugar and mix on low. Add lemon juice and another 3 cups of icing sugar. Cream together.
- Check the consistency of the icing, if you need it thicker, add more icing sugar as needed.