Fluffy lemon frosting is tangy and savory which goes well with vanilla cupcakes or macarons.
Our tart lemon frosting makes a lot of icing, if you don’t need that much, feel free to cut the recipe down to how much icing you need.
Lemon frosting can be frozen and used at a later date if you don’t need all of it for your recipe.
Our lemon frosting would be perfect for icing a vanilla or lemon cake as well.
The vanilla extract in the recipe cuts down the bitterness of the lemon juice and makes the icing a bit creamier than if you didn’t add it.
The creaminess of the icing is very palatable and pungent in flavor. Enjoy!
Fluffy Lemon Frosting
How to make fluffy lemon frosting
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 cups icing sugar
- Cream butter on high until light and fluffy
- Add vanilla to butter and mix until well combined. Cream mixture together with lemon zest until evenly distributed.
- Add 1 cup of icing sugar and mix on low. Add lemon juice and another 3 cups of icing sugar. Cream together.
- Check the consistency of the icing, if you need it thicker, add more icing sugar as needed.