No bake lemon tart recipe is made with a pie crust recipe for the tart shell, and lemon cream for the filling.
We use lemon cream which is a bit less tart, and it’s more creamy because of the added butter to the custard mixture at the end. You’ll love the luxcious lemon flavor.
The pie crust tart recipe makes 2 – 8” tarts.
Pie Crust Tart Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter cubed, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift flour, icing sugar and almond flour. Measure out the required amounts into a stand mixer bowl. Add salt.
- Using the paddle attachment for your stand mixer, add the butter and mix on low until the mixture becomes a bit grainy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing. Stop when the dough is just barely combined.
- Finish the dough by combining the remaining dry ingredients left in the bowl on the counter with your hands. Make 2 dough balls and cover them in plastic wrap. Chill for 2-3 hours.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it's 1/4'' in thickness. Grease your 8'' tart pans with butter. Place your rollout dough on the tart pan. Press the dough into the tart pan to make sure its secure. Cut the excess dough using a sharp knife. Place the dough in the fridge for 15 min. Pierce the dough with a fork, not all of the way through the dough. Make several fork dents in the dough. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake your tart for 18 min. If you're making mini tarts, bake for 8-12 min. Remove and let cool. Brush the tart with melted white chocolate and let the chocolate solidify before filling your tart with the filling. This will prevent the tart shell from become soggy.
No Bake Lemon Tart Recipe
- 3 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter cubed
- Place lemon zest and sugar in a bowl and rub the 2 together to release the lemon flavor. Whisk in your eggs and lemon juice.
- Place mixture into a double boiler and cook on low. The mixture will become thick as you whisk it throughout the entire cooking process. Once it has thickened and becomes darker cook it for another 5 solid minutes. Whisk the mixture continuously.
- Strain the lemon zest out of the lemon cream by using a strainer or colander. Push the cream mixture through the strainer using the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Whisk in cubed butter and mix until smooth.
- Cover and chill for 3-4 hours in the fridge.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and mix it until it's softened up and smooth. Fill the tart shell with the lemon cream and chill it for 45 min. It's ready to serve, or store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to make sure your tart won’t become soggy?
Melt white chocolate and brush the surface of your tart with it. Cover as much of the sides and the bottom as you can. Chill the chocolate in the fridge until it solidifies. Fill your tart once it’s solid.