Our simple guacamole recipe is made using one avocado so it’s perfect for serving 2-3 people. You can add guacamole to tacos, or eat it with nachos. It’s plenty guacamole for a single meal for a couple.
Guacamole tends to not store very well. It forms a skin on it, then you have to mix it well to see the light green come through again. Guacamole the next day is never as good, that’s why it’s best to make fresh for each time you’re serving it.
This particular simple guacamole recipe with one avocado will become your go to recipe when you need a little guac for your next meal!
What to add to guacamole to make it taste better
If you want your guacamole to taste better you can add the following spices to it to make it more flavorful:
- freshly minced garlic
- more lime juice
- more salt
- red pepper flakes
- a small amount of diced jalapeno
- chili powder
Simple Guacamole Recipe with One Avocado
- 1 avocado ripe
- 1/2 tsp lime juice fresh
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp tomatoes diced
- 1/2 tbsp onions diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop the insides of the avocado into a small bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork. Add lime juice and mash the avocado until it's completely broken up and easily moveable with a fork.
- Add garlic salt and mix together so the garlic salt is fully combined.
- Add tomatoes, onions and cilantro. Gently mix until the guacamole comes together.
- Serve immediately. Store any excess in an airtight container in the fridge.