Bread maker pizza pretzels are lathered in pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese, and then baked in the oven until the cheese begins to bubble.
Bread machines can do much more than just bake loaves of bread.
You can use you bread machine to make pretzel bread dough, and then top your pretzels how you like them.
If you’re making regular pretzels, give them an egg wash with a bit of salt before baking them.
For our bread machine pretzel bread we’ll be making pizza pretzels.
Pizza pretzels are topped with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Yum! You can also add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to the top of them as well if desired.
The key to making a delicious pizza pretzel is making sure to completely cover the pretzel in pizza sauce.
Cover the pizza pretzel right until the very edges of the pretzel, even let some of the sauce seep on to the parchment paper lined pan.
The pizza sauce helps retain the moisture of the pretzel, ensuring they are tasty, and not dry.
Bread Maker Pizza Pretzels Recipe
- bread maker
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 7/8 cup water
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- Pour water into bread pan.
- Place flour into bread pan covering all the water.
- Add salt and sugar to bread pan.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and put yeast into the well.
- Select dough setting on bread machine.
- Once dough is finished, preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Separate dough into 8 even pieces.
- Roll each dough into a long rope shape ~6” long.
- Twist each dough into a knot shape. Place knots onto a baking sheet.
- Brush each knot with pizza sauce. Cover the entire knot in pizza sauce, bringing the sauce right down to the bottom of each knot. If you don’t fully cover the knot this will result in a dry pizza pretzel.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese onto each knot.
- Bake at 450˚F for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.