Fresh baguettes can be topped some with your favorite foods.
Slice your baguette at an angle to get a nice long piece of bread for your baguette toppings. Slice your baguette right before you plan to put your toppings on, to keep the slices fresh so they do not dry out.
You can top your baguette slices with meats, cheese, fruits, fresh herbs, jams, honey, and balsamic vinegar.
Prosciutto Baguette Toppings
Prosciutto and Cheese
Prosciutto and cheese baguette topping is made by topping your baguette slices with your favorite piece of gouda or Havarti cheese. A few sprigs of arugula are added on top of the baguette along with a folded piece of prosciutto. The baguette is garnished with a bit of balsamic reduction.
Raw Apple and Prosciutto
Raw apple and prosciutto appetizer is made by putting a bit of fig jam onto each of the baguette slices. Next, a basil leaf in placed on top of the fig jam. Thinly sliced apples are layered on top of the basil. Prosciutto is folded on top of the apple slices. To garnish the baguette appetizer, top with a bit of balsamic reduction.
Bruschetta Baguette Toppings
Roast cherry tomatoes in a bit of olive oil in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove them from the oven and mix with fresh basil leaves. Toast the baguette slices for 2 minutes. Rub the toasted baguette slices with a half cut garlic to put a hint on garlic on the toasted baguette. Top the bread with the roasted tomatoes and basil. Grate fresh parmesan cheese for the top of the baguette slices and serve.
Fresh Pesto Bruschetta
Make a fresh batch of pesto, the flavor is much more powerful and fragrant than store bought. Dice a tomato with a little bit of onion. Mix the pesto together with the tomatoes and onions. Spoon the tomato pesto mixture on top of fresh baguette rounds and grate parmesan cheese on top. Toast for a couple of minutes for the cheese to warm up.
Cheese Baguette Toppings
- brie cheese, almonds, drizzle of honey
- parmesan, salami, mustard
- smoked gouda, mustard, salami, pickle
- Havarti, prosciutto, mustard
- Blue cheese, slice of pear, arugula, drizzle of balsamic reduction
- fresh mozzarella, tomato slice, drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- brie, pomegranate, dried cranberries, strips of fresh basil
- fig jam, brie, pecans, drizzle of honey
- goat cheese, sliced strawberries, strips of fresh basil, and a drizzle of balsamic reduction
- cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers, fresh dill sprig
Ricotta Baguette Toppings
Ricotta baguette toppings can be made by adding a thin layer of ricotta on a fresh slice of baguette.
You can top your baguette with the following individual toppings:
- bacon and a bit of fresh pepper
- blueberries and a drizzle of honey
- cucumber slices and fresh mint leaves
- brie cheese, sliced strawberries, balsamic reduction
- sliced pears with walnuts and a drizzle of honey
- pistachios and a drizzle of honey
- sliced apples with pecans and a drizzle of honey
- sliced peaches, pancetta, basil, honey, and balsamic glaze recipe