There are countless things you can do with leftover croissants. Homemade filled croissants are one of the most satisfying meals you can make right in your own kitchen.
What can you put on a croissant?
You can put just about anything on a croissant that you would when using your regular bread.
How to fill croissants?
- Cut the croissant in half using a serrated knife.
- Toast or warm your croissants.
- Using a knife, spread your condiment of choice on the croissant.
- Fill the croissant with meat, cheese, and vegetables or fruit.
- Serve immediately.
If you’re wanting to make a meal for breakfast consider filling the croissants as a brunch croissant.
20 Breakfast Croissant Filling Ideas
- Cream cheese and fruit
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Mayo/hot sauce/butter, cheese, sausage, and scrambled eggs
- Mayo/hot sauce/butter, cheese, sausage, bacon and scrambled eggs
- Mayo/hot sauce/butter, cheese, bacon and scrambled eggs
- Scrambled eggs
- Bacon and ketchup
- Sausage and ketchup
- Omelette and hot sauce
- Omelette and ketchup
- Mayo/hot sauce/butter, cheese, ham and scrambled eggs
- Mayo/hot sauce/butter, cheese, sausage, ham and scrambled eggs
- Scrambled eggs and cheese
- Whipped cream and fruit
- Whipped cream and syrup
- Hazelnut spread
- Peanut butter
- Almond butter
How to make French toast with croissants?
- Heat a frying pan up to medium heat.
- Mix together 1 egg and 2 tbsp of milk in a flat bowl you can easily dip your croissants in.
- Add a dash of cinnamon to your egg mixture, do not mix.
- Cut the croissants in half with a serrated knife.
- Dip the cut side of the croissant in the egg mixture.
- Place in the frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until the eggs are cooked onto the croissant creating a brown-golden color.
- Remove croissants from the frying pan.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream, syrup, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce or fruit.
Cold Croissant Sandwich Recipe Ideas
Croissant sandwiches should be right before serving to keep them as fresh as possible. Cold croissant sandwiches will keep in the fridge for a few hours, but prepare them as close to serving as possible.
Croissant Fillings for Lunch
Condiments to Fill Croissants with:
- Chipotle mayo
- Dijon mustard
- Honey mustard
- Hot sauce
- Bbq sauce
- Pizza sauce
- Garlic mayonnaise
- Herbed cream cheese
- Plain cream cheese
- Strawberry cream cheese
- Italian Dressing
Meat Croissant Fillings:
- Roast beef
- Smoked salmon
- Pulled pork
- Egg salad
Cheese Croissant Fillings:
Vegetable Croissant Fillings:
- Green peppers
- Banana peppers
- Shredded cabbage/Coleslaw
- Red onions
- Dill Pickles
- Sliced Pineapple
- Sliced Apples
Vegetarian Croissant Fillings
- Sliced apples
What can you serve with croissant sandwiches?
- Sweet potato fries
- Green Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Cut up vegetables