Dark chocolate ganache has a rich and creamy flavor for the perfect chocolatey filling for your macarons.
Dark chocolate ganache for macarons is made by using dark chocolate wafers that are melted by hot heavy cream. You can use any type of dark chocolate that you have a home.
Keep in mind the higher percentage of chocolate, the more bitter the chocolate ganache. It’s best to choose a dark chocolate around 70% for our dark chocolate ganache for macarons.
You’ll want to make this recipe the day before making your macarons, since it needs time for the ganache to cool in the fridge prior to using.
A little ganache goes a long way. Be careful when piping your dark chocolate ganache on your macarons, as it can spill over the edge if you pipe too much onto the macaron shell.
How to flavor dark chocolate ganache
You can add 1/4 tsp of mint extract, or 1 tsp of orange zest to dark chocolate ganache as soon as it’s mixed together, and prior to it cooling down.
How to add Irish cream to dark chocolate ganache
You can add 2-3 tbsp of Irish cream to dark chocolate ganache.
As soon as the dark chocolate ganache is smooth and mixed together, add the Irish cream.
It will thin out the ganache, but just place it in the fridge for it to firm up prior to piping on your macarons.
Dark Chocolate Ganache Filling Recipe for Macarons
- 100 g whipping cream
- 120 g dark chocolate wafers
- 20 g butter unsalted
- Place heavy cream in a small saucepan on medium heat. Bring the heavy cream to a simmer, just before it starts to boil remove it from the heat source.
- Measure your dark chocolate wafers into a heat proof bowl.
- Pour the boiled cream over the dark chocolate wafers.
- Add butter to the mixture and gently stir with a spatula until all of the chocolate is melted and becomes a smooth mixture.
- Place the mixture into the fridge until it's fully cooled.
- Microwave the dark chocolate ganache filling in 10 second intervals until you've obtained the consistency you want for piping your macarons.