Watermelon and mango salsa is a refreshing salsa you can serve with pork tacos, chicken quesadillas, and nachos.
The sweeter the fruit, the better the watermelon mango salsa recipe will taste.
What can you eat watermelon and mango salsa with
- tortilla chips
One of my favorite dishes to serve is fish (salmon) topped with watermelon and mango salsa. It’s refreshing, and a burst of flavor that goes well with salmon.
How to make fresh watermelon mango salsa by hand
Get your biggest cutting board out and get ready to start chopping!
It’s best if you start with the bigger fruits – watermelon and pineapple first.
Cut the larger fruit pieces into ~ 0.5 cm pieces.
They will fit on a tortilla chip well if you cut them this size.
How long is fresh watermelon mango salsa good for
Watermelon mango salsa is best served in the first 2 days, but you can keep in the fridge for up to 3 days after making it.
Watermelon Mango Salsa Recipe
- 1/2 cup watermelon cubed
- 1 mango cubed
- 1/4 pineapple cubed
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped, seeds removed
- 1/2 small red pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch paprika
- pinch cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Chop watermelon, mango, and pineapple into small pieces ~ 1/2 cm cubed. Put them into a medium size bowl.
- Put on gloves. Begin to cut jalapeno in half. Remove all of the seeds and membrane from the jalapeno. Discard these. Finely cut the jalapeno into tiny pieces. Add these to your bowl. Wipe the surface of your cutting board clean and discard gloves.
- Finely chop red onion and red pepper, add these to your bowl.
- Chop cilantro and add it to your salsa.
- Juice lime and add it to your salsa.
- Pour olive oil over salsa. Add salt, paprika and cumin to taste.
- Your salsa is ready to serve. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.