Espresso mousse is a rich, creamy coffee flavored cake filling.
Espresso mousse has a base of melted white chocolate infused into heavy cream.
Freshly brewed espresso is whipped into white chocolate mousse, giving it a light coffee flavor.
White chocolate espresso mousse is easily pipeable, and will create delicate designs on the edge of the cake using the star tip.
Whipped heavy cream gives the mousse an airy texture, and adds a light coffee flavoring to chocolate cake, or vanilla cake.
White chocolate adds a touch of creamy sweet chocolate flavor to espresso mousse.
Espresso Mousse Cake Filling
- 30 ml espresso freshly brewed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 80 g white chocolate melted
- Place metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 1 hour prior to making espresso mousse. Do not miss this step, or your espresso mousse will not be pipeable.
- Place 80 g white chocolate in a medium sized heat proof bowl, and microwave in 30 second intervals. In between each interval, use a spoon to mix the white chocolate until it's fully melted.
- Brew espresso, and measure out 30 ml. A double shot is usually about 30 ml's. Add espresso and 1 cup of heavy cream to white chocolate. Mix together with a spoon until it's almost combined.
- Remove metal bowl from freezer. Place white chocolate mixture into the metal bowl, and whip together until stiff peaks form.
- Place espresso mousse into a piping bag fitted with a piping nozzle. You can use the star tip for a bit of a design to the mousse if desired.