Our easy prosciutto appetizer you can make a few hours ahead of time.
Simply place the prepared crackers in the fridge, well covered.
Once you’re ready to serve your prosciutto and brie appetizer, drizzle honey and balsamic reduction over the crackers.
By not putting the sauces on the cracker, the cracker, cheese, meat and herbs will stay fresh and crispy.
You can substitute balsamic vinegar instead of balsamic reduction. This will give the crackers a little bit of a bite to them, instead of it being more of a sweet appetizer.
You can make your easy prosciutto appetizer using any type of crackers you like.
I recommend using artisan crackers. They hold up well, give the appetizer a crispy finish to them.
You can find artisan crackers in a ton of different flavors – from garlic to dried cranberries.
Another option is to make them yourself if you have the time and patience!
It’s much easier preparing appetizers ahead of time, so you can use your time right before your guests arrive as you need to. Sometimes that means cleaning, preparing beverages or other foods that your need to make for your main meal.
If you want to add some fruit slices to your easy prosciutto appetizer, consider adding slices of apple or pears. You can place them directly on the cracker, then layer with brie.
Easy Prosciutto Appetizer to Make Ahead of Time
- 1 pkg artisan crackers
- 150 g brie sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 50 g prosciutto
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup balsamic reduction
- Place your artisan crackers on a serving plate. Lay them all out individually so they will be easy to layer them.
- Place 1 slice of brie on each of your artisan crackers.
- Add a fresh basil leaf to each brie slice
- Rip the prosciutto with your fingers to create strips that are 1 inch wide, and 2X the length of your cracker. Fold the prosciutto in half and place on top of your cracker.
- Add a couple sprigs of arugula to your cracker.
- At this point you can cover your appetizer and place it in the fridge until you're ready to serve it.
- When it comes time to serve your prosciutto appetizer, drizzle honey and balsamic reduction over the crackers.
- Serve an enjoy!