Making focaccia bread is easier than you ever could have imagined.
But once you make it at home, it’s very hard to buy it in the grocery store.
Nothing tastes more fresh than warm focaccia bread right out of the oven.
Dip the bread in a mixture of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic reduction.
You never knew what you were missing in life until eating focaccia bread right out of the oven.
Easy Herb Focaccia Bread Recipe
- 13" x 9" Pan
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 1 tsp rosemary dried
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup warm water (100-110 degrees F)
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch finishing salt optional
- In a small saucepan on low heat combine olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Cook for 5-10 min until fragrant stirring occasionally.
- In a large glass bowl combine warm water, yeast, and honey. Let sit for 5 min until frothy.
- Add the flour, salt and ¼ cup of the herb olive oil to the yeast mixture. Mix only until just combined and knead only 10-15 times. Don’t overwork the dough.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let sit for 1 hour to rise.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the herbed oil into a 9×13’’ pan. Use a paper towel to spread the oil to the entire bottom of the pan, and into the corners. Transfer the risen dough to the baking pan and use your fingers to dimple the dough all over. Pour the remaining oil over the dough. Spread the oil all over using the back of a spoon.
- Let rise for 20 min.
- Add a sprinkle of finishing salt if desired.
- Bake focaccia bread for 15-20 min. Let cool on a wire rack. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container. Place the container in the fridge to make it last longer. Best served the day of or use within 2 days.