Small silicone molds can be used to create delicious chocolate filled treats.
How to make filled chocolates using silicone molds
- Temper your chocolate
- Fill the silicone molds half way full of chocolate.
- Gently tip the silicone mold to fill all of the sides of the chocolate to the edges.
- Place the silicone mold in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Fill the silicone mold with your choice of filling. If you need an idea for filling your chocolates, try hazelnut sauce for your filling. Use a piping bag to pipe the small amount of filling in the center of the chocolates.
- Add more tempered chocolate to the silicone mold. Using a pastry scraper, push the chocolate over the hazelnut sauce until they are all full.
- Tap the silicone mold until all of the air bubbles are removed.
- Place in the freezer for another 20 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has completely solidified, you can gently remove the chocolate from the silicone mold.
How to use a small silicone mold for ice wine
Select a small silicone mold that will well for a small drink of ice wine.
- Melt 1/4 cup of chocolate in the microwave using a microwave safe bowl. Melt in 30 second intervals and stir in between intervals until fully melted.
- Obtain your clean and dry silicone molds you want to use to make ice wine chocolate cups with.
- Use your spoon to dip into the chocolate and coat the sides of the silicone mold. If your spoon is too large, you can use a food safe paint brush to paint the chocolate onto the mold.
- Use the back of the spoon or paint brush to guide the chocolate up the silicone mold.
- Make sure the sides of the small chocolate cup are quite thick. The thicker the sides, the less likely the sides are going to break. If you do break the sides a little, you can always melt the edge on a plate to make a perfect circle around for your chocolate cup.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour until fully hardened.
- To remove the chocolate cup from the silicone mold, pull the sides of the silicone mold until you have removed the edge of the chocolate all the way around the mold. Once the bottom edge is completely separated, press the top of the mold to release the chocolate cup from the silicone mold.
- To make the edges nice and perfect, melt the edge on a warm plate.
- Fill the chocolate cup with ice wine and serve.
Chocolate ice wine cups are a delicious treat to serve after dinner. Chill the wine, and let the chocolate cup sit at room temperature. When you’re ready to serve them, pour the ice wine into the chocolate cups and enjoy!