You’ll need a couple of tools to chocolate leaves. Select a couple of leaves you like from outside. They need to be fresh, not dried. Your chocolate will take on the leaf impression of the leaf you select.
- silicone mat
- food safe paintbrush
- fresh leaves
- Melt your chocolate in 30 second intervals until it’s fully melted. Use a spoon to mix your chocolate in between intervals. You’ll only need 1/8 cup of chocolate to make a few beautiful chocolate leaves.
- Lay your fresh leaves on a silicone mat.
- Dip your food safe paintbrush in the melted chocolate and paint the chocolate onto the fresh leaves.
- Cover it fully and make it as thick as you need to for your preference.
- Place the chocolate leaves in the freezer for 20 minutes to set it.
- Gently peel the fresh leaf from the chocolate carefully, not to disturb the chocolate.
- Do not hold the chocolate leaf for a very long time in your hand or it will start to melt.
- Place your decorative leaves in an airtight container until you’re ready to use it.
Learn how to make fancy chocolate decorations, chocolate snowflakes or chocolate writing at home.