The best cookies and cream ice cream recipe is creamy, decadent, and will have you coming back for more!
Our cookies and cream ice cream recipe can be made up in about 5 minutes of prepartion time, and only 25 minutes churning in the ice cream maker.
Once it comes out of the ice cream maker, it’s more like soft serve ice cream. The consistency is perfect for placing the ice cream in between 2 cookies to serve as an ice cream sandwich.
I recommend using the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Ice Cream Maker.
You freeze your ice cream bowl for 24 hours, then place it in your ice cream maker.
Place your plastic mixing part inside the bowl, and then put the lid on.
There’s only 1 button of on and off.
They make it simple to make ice cream in about 20-25 minutes. Make sure to set up your ice cream maker in a different room that you can close the door. Churning ice cream is a loud process, but once it’s done, you’ll love making ice cream!!
What kind of cookies should you use for cookies and cream ice cream
Oreo’s are the best cookie to use for cookies and cream ice cream. They have the sweet icing center, with the crunchy cookie on the outside. The flavor is to die for when using Oreo’s for cookies and cream ice cream.
What flavor is cookies and cream
Cookies and cream flavor is a combination of vanilla as the base, and crushed cookies throughout the vanilla mixture. When making cookies and cream icing, the ice cream base flavor is vanilla ice cream with crushed cookies. When making cookies and cream icing, the buttercream is flavored with vanilla, and then has crushed cookies mixed into it.
Best Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 100-150 g cookies quartered and crushed
- Freeze your ice cream bowl for 24 hours.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Set up your ice cream maker. Place your frozen ice cream bowl in the ice cream maker. Turn on the ice cream maker.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the churning frozen bowl.
- Let the ice cream churn for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut your cookies into quarters. Take a large mallet and crush the cookies into smaller pieces.
- Add the crushed cookies after the ice cream has churned for 20 minutes. Churn for another 5 minutes to let the cookies completely combine into the ice cream.
- When the cookies and cream ice cream has finished churning, place it in an airtight container in the freezer for 3 hours prior to serving. You can still serve it right away after churning, the ice cream will be more like soft serve coming right out of the ice cream maker.