Teddy bear macarons look so cuddly, you’ll be shocked it’s actually a cookie.
Teddy bear macarons are the perfect addition to make for a baby shower, birthday celebration, or children’s party.
Teddy bear macarons can be made using a teddy bear macaron printable template.
You’ll also need an edible marker to create the facial markings of the teddy bear macaron.
What recipe to use for teddy bear macarons
You can use your favorite Italian method macaron recipe for your teddy bear macarons.
Once you’re ready to pipe your macarons, you can print out your teddy bear macaron template.
Follow the directions on how to make your teddy bear macarons below.
What food coloring to use to make teddy bear macarons
You can use a toothpick to get a small amount of gel food coloring to add to your macaron batter.
If you’re coloring your teddy bear macaron black, you’ll have to get a different color for the teddy bear markings.
You might have to use melted white chocolate for the coloring to show up on your black teddy bear macarons.
You can use a food safe paint brush to gently brush the white chocolate onto your teddy bear macarons.
Size of teddy bear macarons = 2″
There are 2″ in between each teddy bear. This gives you more than enough space so your teddy bears are piped with plenty of room for them to spread out.
How to make teddy bear macarons
- Print out your teddy bear macaron template.
- Place the teddy bear macaron template underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper fitted on a baking pan.
- Fill your piping bag with macaron batter fitted with a 1/2” tip.
- Begin by piping a round circle for the head.
- Add ears to the teddy bear macaron by piping the ear and dragging the macaron batter downward into the round circle.
- Add arms and legs to the teddy bear macaron by piping the batter in a “star” shape. Start piping the one arm, then drag the tip in an arc to one of the feet, then to the other foot, then to the other arm.
- Fill in the body of the teddy bear.
- After you have piped all of your teddy bears, remove the air bubbles from the macarons by banging the bottom of the baking pan.
- Add a small circle for the mouth of the bear on top of the round circle in the bottom half of the face.
- Remove your template from underneath your silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake the macarons, cool, and fill them.
- Add the teddy bear macarons eyes, nose, and mouth using an edible marker.
- Store your teddy bear macarons in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Find 8 more printable macaron templates to use.