What is a baking coupler
A baking coupler is a piping bag that has the ability for you to change the tips on it without filling another piping bag. A baking coupler can be helpful if you’re trying to make different shapes using a variety of tips for a baking project.
How to use a piping bag with a coupler
- Gather your tools. You’ll need your piping bag, piping tips, coupler, a large glass, and food to place into the piping bag.
- Assemble the coupler by placing the piping tip on the plastic end of the piping bag.
- Place the coupler over the piping tip to hold the piping tip in place.
- Screw the coupler onto the plastic ended piping bag to surely fasten the coupler.
- Fold the tip of the bag upwards, to prevent any food from dripping out of the bag while filling.
- Place the folded bag into the large glass.
- Fold the edges of the piping bag over the glass.
- Fill the piping bag with your desired recipe.
- Remove the edges of the piping bag from the glass.
- Grab the end of the piping bag and remove it from the glass. Tip the piping bag upside down so the tip is facing the ceiling.
- Twist the bottom of the bag to hold the contents inside the bag. Push the recipe until it almost comes to the piping tip.
- You’re ready to pipe your first design.
- When you’re ready to change your piping tip, unscrew the coupler.
- Remove the piping tip.
- Place a new piping tip on the coupler.
- Screw the coupler back on, and continue piping.
When can you use a baking coupler
You can use a baking coupler when:
- piping Swan Eclairs (see video above)
- piping icing for cookies
- piping cookies
- piping icing for cakes
Using a coupler is helpful for baking when you need to change tips frequently for your baking project. A coupler is a necessity for piping icing for cookies and cakes that need a variety of piping tips to complete a baking project.