You can make white chocolate decorations in a matter of minutes that will look absolutely breathtaking. Using a steady hand, and a couple of tools, you’ll have your white chocolate decoration ready in no time.
How to make fancy chocolate decorations
You’ll need a couple of tools to make your fancy chocolate decorations
- Melt your chocolate in 30 second intervals until it’s fully melted. Use a spoon to mix your chocolate in between intervals. You’ll only need 1/4-1/3 cup of chocolate to make a few beautiful chocolate decorations.
- Place your piping tip into a piping bag. Put the piping bag over the edges of a tall glass.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the piping bag.
- Cut the piping bag tip and twist the end of the piping bag to get it ready for piping.
- Cut a strip of parchment paper as long as the length of your chocolate decoration.
- Begin piping your decoration by piping circles the length of your parchment paper. Continue and go back the same way.
- Make another layer of circles beside the first layer. Go back over and create another layer of circles.
- Cut the parchment paper close to one side of the circles.
- Roll the parchment paper and make sure the chocolate does not touch itself when closing the circle of parchment paper.
- Place an elastic band gently over the roll of parchment paper. Don’t squish the parchment paper or you’ll ruin your design.
- Place the chocolate decoration in the freezer for 20 minutes to set it.
- Take the elastic band off of the roll of parchment paper.
- Gently unwrap the parchment paper. Remove the chocolate decoration from the parchment paper.
- Do not hold the chocolate decoration for a very long time in your hand or it will start to melt.
- Place your decorative chocolate piece in an airtight container until you’re ready to use it.
White chocolate decorations can be used in a variety of ways
- for plating
- on top of cakes
- on top of cupcakes
- on top of tarts