The size of a macaron tip you want to use is a ½” tip.
How to use the tip to pipe macarons?
- Place the ½” tip into a large piping bag. Feed it down the bag until it’s at the end.
- Make a mark on the bag where you should be cutting. This will be in the middle of the metal tip.
- Put the tip a bit further back into the bag so you can easily cut it.
- Cut the bag.
- Put the tip back to its proper area at the end of the bag.
- Twist the bag and fold the tip under.
- Then place the bag into a glass so it’s ready for you to put the macaron batter in. By twisting the bag, the batter doesn’t fall through the bag as you’re trying to add the batter to it.
- Once you have the batter all in the bag, twist the top of the bag to close it.
- Lift the bag up and out of the glass.
- Use your fingers to gently press the bag and pipe the macarons.
- Let the macarons dry for 30 min. Bake the macarons for the required time in your recipe.