Shrimp tacos are spicy, and juicy tacos that you can pair with a creamy avocado coleslaw.
Avocado coleslaw is made with an avocado cream sauce mixed with a coleslaw base of shredded carrots, red and green cabbage.
Avocado cream sauce is made out of avocados, blended with yogurt and herbs to make a tangy, citrusy sauce for creamy avocado coleslaw for shrimp tacos.
How to make coleslaw for shrimp tacos spicy
Add 1 diced jalapeno with the seeds removed to avocado crema sauce and blend in the food processor.
Add jalapeno avocado crema to coleslaw and use inside your shrimp tacos.
Avocado cream sauce can not only be used for coleslaw, it can also be used to drizzle over top of shrimp tacos as a creamy sauce.
You can use avocado cream sauce instead of guacamole or salsa on shrimp tacos.
Coleslaw Recipe for Shrimp Tacos
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp lime juice fresh
- 1/2 cup yogurt plain
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots, green and purple cabbage (coleslaw base) this blend of coleslaw can be found in a bag in the grocery store
- Cut a ripened avocado in half. Remove the pit and scoop out the insides of the avocado. Place the insides of the avocado in a food processor.
- Add 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, 3 cloves minced garlic, 3 tbsp fresh lime juice, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 3 tbsp olive oil, and 1/2 tsp salt to the food processor.
- Pulse only for 1 second at a time. Pulse until the avocado cream sauce comes together. It should take about 8-12 pulses before the avocado crema is ready.
- In a medium sized bowl, add coleslaw mixture of shredded carrots, red cabbage, and green cabbage.
- Pour a little bit of avocado crema over the coleslaw and mix together. Add more crema sauce if needed.
- Your coleslaw is ready to be added to your shrimp tacos. More avocado crema can be drizzled on top of your shrimp tacos as a sauce if desired.