Cream cheese macaron filling is a sweet, tangy, vanilla filling that pipes easily with macarons.
Cream cheese filling has a decadent, memorable flavor.
Cream cheese macaron filling has a white color to it, but you can color it to fit the theme you’re going for.
Color the macaron filling using liquid food coloring, or gel food coloring. Add it last, so you can be sure of the color prior to piping it.
Macaron filling is stiff enough that you can use specialty tips to create a textured look to macarons.
Select a medium-large star tip, and pipe the outer ring of cream cheese macaron filling. Continue until you reach the center of the macaron.
You can also use cream cheese macaron filling as 1 of the macaron fillings.
You can pipe the outer ring of filling, and then it can hold in a center filling. You could use lemon curd, raspberry jam, blackberry jam, etc.
Cream Cheese Filling for Macarons
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Using a stand mixer, beat together 1/4 cup butter and 4 oz of cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/8 tsp salt and mix together.
- Slowly add 2 cups of icing sugar to the stand mixer until the filling comes together. Cream until the icing sugar has dissolved into the butter mixture.
- Fill a piping bag with your cream cheese filling and pipe onto macarons.
- Store macarons in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Store any excess cream cheese macaron filling in the freezer for up to 1 month.