Cupcakes are easy to serve at a wedding dessert buffet table.
Since cupcakes are already portioned out, you don’t need a cake cutter like you do with a traditional wedding cake.
You can even color coordinate your icing colors with your wedding colors.
23 Wedding Cupcake Flavor Ideas
- salted caramel drizzled vanilla cupcakes
- cream cheese icing topped red velvet cupcakes
- caramel bourbon topped vanilla cupcakes
- chocolate icing topped chocolate cupcakes
- lemon cupcakes topped with lemon buttercream icing
- chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream icing
- vanilla cupcakes topped with vanilla bean buttercream icing
- vanilla cupcakes topped with champagne buttercream icing
- vanilla cupcakes topped with strawberry puree infused cream cheese icing
- chocolate cupcakes topped with raspberry infused buttercream icing
- dulce de leche cupcakes
- chocolate cupcakes with caramel frosting
- pina colada cupcakes
- cherry almond cupcakes
- pecan pie cupcakes
- coconut cream pie cupcakes
- lemon raspberry cupcakes
- blackberry lavender buttercream icing topped chocolate cupcakes
- moscato infused buttercream icing topped vanilla cupcakes
- strawberry lemon cupcakes
- lemon poppy seed cupcakes topped with raspberry buttercream icing
- chai cupcakes
- vanilla hazelnut cupcakes
How many cupcake flavors do you need for a wedding
You’ll want to select a minimum of 2 different wedding cupcake flavors to appeal to the majority of your guests for your wedding.
If you’re selecting a champagne or moscato flavor, try picking a non-alcoholic flavor for your other guests that may want something else.
How many cupcakes do you need for a wedding
You’ll need a minimum of 1 cupcake per person, but allow for at least 1-2 cupcakes per person. Some guests will eat 3 cupcakes, but some will not eat any. This will give you enough cupcakes for your wedding by allowing for 1-2 cupcakes per guest.
Make sure to bring an airtight container to your wedding for any leftover cupcakes you have at the end of the night. You can freeze them and eat them after you come back from your honeymoon.
What are the most popular wedding cupcake flavors
The most popular, classic wedding cupcake flavors are vanilla, red velvet, and chocolate.
How far in advance can you make cupcakes for a wedding
Cupcakes are best the same day they are made. Therefore, you should be picking up your cupcakes the same day as your wedding, or the day before. Cupcakes age very quickly, and can become dense or tough to eat the longer they sit. If you do pick up your cupcakes the day before, place them in the fridge overnight. This will slow the aging process of your wedding cupcakes.