The best broccoli and cheddar soup is hearty, chunky, and savory.
Broccoli cheddar soup does not need to be blended, therefore you’ll have chunks of vegetables to enjoy in your soup, without it being grainy.
Can you blend broccoli and cheddar soup
If you enjoy your broccoli and cheddar soup blended, you can do so.
Blend your soup using an immersion blender.
If you’re using a regular blender, blend the soup in batches, and only have the lid closed while blending.
The lid should only be on for a couple of seconds.
Blending hot soup can be dangerous, therefore if you don’t feel comfortable.
The steam can build up in the blender and explode if the lid is on for too long.
What goes well with broccoli and cheddar soup
Cheddar buns go well with broccoli and cheddar soup.
Cheddar buns can be dipped into your broccoli and cheddar soup as the perfect addition to your dinner.
Green salad goes well as a side dish next to your creamy soup. Green salad can balance out the heavy soup for more of a lighter side dish.
How can you make your broccoli and cheddar soup creamier
You can use half and half instead of milk to make your broccoli and cheddar soup more fuller and creamier.
How long does homemade broccoli cheddar soup last
Broccoli cheddar soup lasts up to 3 days in the fridge. Since it’s a cream based soup, it will last much less time than a broth based soup.
Best Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 crown broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Add butter to medium heat frying pan. Saute carrots and broccoli for 3-4 min. Add onions and saute for 1-2 min. Add flour to pan to make a roux.
- Pour chicken broth into pan and cook vegetables until fork tender ~5 min.
- Slowly pour milk into pan and cook until gently simmering.
- Add grated cheese and whisk until melted.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Store in fridge for up to 3 days.