Thai coconut noodle soup is made with creamy coconut milk and vermicelli noodles to create this tempting vegetarian soup.
Thai coconut noodle soup is filled with a fresh vegetables and herbs, make this vegetarian soup satisfying and delectable.
Can you substitute fish sauce in Thai coconut vegetarian soup
Thai coconut vegetarian soup is made with fish sauce, but if you don’t have any you can substitute Worcestershire sauce. Worcestershire sauce is made with anchovies, making it an easy 1:1 substitute in a pinch.
What kind of coconut milk should you use for Thai coconut soup
Use full fat coconut milk for Thai coconut soup. You want a full body coconut milk to make the soup as creamy as possible.
Can you add meat to Thai coconut soup
If you want to add any meat to Thai coconut soup, you can add Cajun shrimp or chicken to make this soup a little more filling.
Thai Coconut Soup Vegetarian
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/4 onion diced
- 3 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 6 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk 13.5 ounces
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package rice noodles (vermicelli)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp green onions sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Thai basil chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine olive oil, garlic, onions, and red peppers and cook for a few minutes.
- Add red curry paste and ginger, cook for about 1 minute while mixing into the vegetables.
- Add coconut milk and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add rice noodles, fish sauce and brown sugar. Cook for 5 minutes until noodles are fully cooked.
- Remove from the heat source, and add green onions, cilantro, basil and lime juice. Add any salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.