The best quality cookie cutters are made by Wilton.
- 40 different Christmas cutters
- Mini and standard sizes for variety
- Cutters are made of metal – will last you a lifetime
- Sharp cutting edge
- Rounded on the top for your hands
Wilton has been making baking accessories for over 90 years. They focus on the latest trends in baking and decorating to bring you the best baking accessories for your home kitchen.
Make sure to only hand wash your cookie cutters and let them to dry on a towel overnight. Do not put them away without being fully dry or your cookie cutters will rust from having water sit on them for too long.
4 Recipes using cookie cutters
Can you shape cookie dough by hand
Yes. Roll out your dough to 1/4″ thickness. Then use a glass upside down to cut a piece of dough that’s even.
- Use your fingers and pinch the dough to make points
- Use a fork to make decorations on the top of the dough
- Use a butter knife on a cutting board to cut the dough – a butter knife is better than a serrated because a serrated can cause jagged edges. A butter knife will give you a smooth finish
- Use your fingers to mold the dough into the shape you want by stretching and pulling the dough
How thick is 1/4 inch dough
1/4 inch dough is about half a macaroni length in thickness.
What to use for cookie cutters
If you don’t have cookie cutters, you can use an upside down glass or glassware to cut your cookies into shapes. You can use a butter knife to cut your own shapes as well.
How to use cookie cutters with chocolate chip cookies
- Roll out your chocolate chip cookie dough to about 1/4″ thickness
- Place your cookie cutter just inside the dough so there is some overlap for your cookie cutter
- Firmly press your cookie cutter into the chocolate chip cookie dough
- Remove your cookie cutter vertically so you get a clean cut with your cookie cutter
- Cookie cut your way through the entire chocolate chip cookie dough
- Remove your cookies and place on a baking pan
- Ball up your dough and roll it out again one more time
- Repeat steps 2-6 one more time
- Bake your cookies for the same amount of time your recipe states
- Cool on a cooling rack
- Store in an airtight container
8 Most popular cookie cutters
- candy cane
Cookie cutter storage ideas
Store your cookie cutters in a tin, glass jar, or plastic container.
If you have a big enough container, you can lie your cookie cutters flat so you can see all of your cookie cutters at once, and not need to fish through your container to find a specific one you’re looking for.