There are many foods you can make with bagels. Bagels are dense, chewy and very filling.
If you’re struggling with what to do with your bagels, here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Breakfast sandwich (eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.)
- Toasted with peanut butter
- Toasted with butter
- Toasted with cream cheese
- Cream cheese and cucumber
- Pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese, toasted
- Ham and cheese sandwich
- Tuna melt
- Cream cheese, mixed with chopped up bacon, cheese, and green onions
- Peanut butter and banana slices
- Cream cheese with fruit – blueberries/strawberries
- Peanut butter and honey
- Brie, basil, fig jam and balsamic vinegar
- Cream cheese, smoked salmon, arugula, red onion slices
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Cream cheese and cinnamon
- Olive oil or pesto, tomato slices, fresh mozzarella and basil leaves
- Turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and mayonnaise
- Hazelnut spread
How to make your own homemade bagel toppings
Make your own homemade bagel toppings by infusing cream cheese with foods you have at home.
Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese
You can make your own homemade herbed cream cheese by adding butter, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried parsley, thyme, basil, and pepper. If you don’t have all the spices available at home, just pick the ones you do have and try making it.
Strawberry Cream Cheese
Create homemade strawberry cream cheese by using a hand mixer to mix together cream cheese, icing sugar, and fresh strawberries. You can use strawberry jam and cream cheese together too if you don’t have fresh strawberries available.
Using a food processor, grind together dry roasted peanuts and a bit of honey or sugar until it remembers a paste, and then a liquid. Using your freshly made peanut butter, you can use your homemade bagel topping for a few days at room temperature. If you would like your homemade peanut butter to last a bit longer, keep it in the fridge.
What are the best bagel toppings to add with cream cheese
The best bagel toppings with cream cheese are smoked salmon, cucumber, cinnamon, or strawberries.
What are some sweet bagel toppings
A few sweet bagel toppings to try on your bagels in the morning are hazelnut spread, honey, or strawberry cream cheese.
Do you toast bagels
Yes you can if you want to. Typically you cut a bagel in half, and then toast both sides. You’ll need to toast a bagel for longer than you do with bread. Bagels take longer to toast than bread because they are thicker and more dense than bread.
17 Bagel cream cheese flavors
There are a ton of bagel cream cheese flavors to try! If you can’t find them in your local grocery store, try making your own cream cheese spread at home for your bagels.
- Smoked salmon cream cheese
- Chive and onion cream cheese
- Herb and garlic cream cheese
- Dill pickle cream cheese
- Garden vegetable cream cheese
- Mixed berry cream cheese
- Strawberry cream cheese
- Jalapeno cream cheese
- Birthday cake cream cheese
- Chipotle avocado cream cheese
- Cookies and cream, cream cheese
- Pumpkin spice cream cheese
- Blueberry cream cheese
- Cranberry cream cheese
- Pesto cream cheese
- Garlic cream cheese
- Cherry cream cheese
What do you put on a cinnamon raisin bagel
You can put peanut butter, hazelnut spread, or butter on top of a cinnamon raisin bagel.
What makes a good bagel
There are a few key items that makes a good bagel including:
- Barely crispy on the outside, just crispy on the edges
- The outside should be shiny and have bubbles – the bubbles are from boiling the bagels
- Dense center – it should bounce back after you touch it with your finger
- Chewy when you bite into it
- Shouldn’t need to be toasted
- Fresh – eaten within a couple of hours
What do bagels taste like
Bagels taste similar to bread, but the texture is much different. Bagels are dense and chewy with a crispy outer layer. There are many different flavors of bagels, so it depends which flavor you are eating for a bagels specific taste.
What are the most popular bagel toppings
The most popular bagel toppings are the simple easy go to toppings.
- Cream cheese
- Peanut butter