There are countless recipes for different types of flatbread pizza.
Flatbread pizza is a fun way to mix up ingredients that you wouldn’t normally have on your everyday pizza.
If you love experimenting in the kitchen, here are a few recipe ideas for you to try out on your next flatbread pizza.
How to make flatbread with pesto and sun-dried tomatoes?
- Make flatbread dough.
- Make fresh pesto.
- Roll out your dough.
- Spread Pesto as you would for pizza sauce. Cover the whole flatbread, leaving only a tiny bit of crust dry.
- Place fresh mozzarella in large pieces sparingly around the flatbread.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes onto the flatbread.
- Bake your flatbread.
- Add fresh pesto in heaps onto your flatbread after it comes out of the oven.
Why do you add fresh pesto on top after the flatbread is done baking?
- The fresh pesto adds flavor and sauce – making it moist and tasty to eat.
What are some vegetarian flatbread toppings?
- Olive oil brushed onto the dough, then add pizza sauce, and fresh mozzarella, bake, then add fresh basil leaves
- Pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, add fresh heaps of pesto on top afterwards
- Pesto, spinach, mozzarella, feta
- Pizza sauce, mozzarella, bake, then add fresh tomatoes, arugula, and feta
What are some other flatbread filling ideas?
- Olive oil brushed onto the dough, then add pizza sauce, and fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, grilled peaches/nectarines, fresh basil
- BBQ sauce spread as the pizza sauce, BBQ chicken, red onions, mozzarella, fresh cilantro and pineapple